Group Chief Executive Oando PLC
Wale Tinubu is the Group Chief Executive of Oando PLC, Africa’s leading indigenous energy solutions provider listed on the Nigerian and Johannesburg Stock Exchange. In June 2015, Wale was named ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ West Africa by Ernst & Young on the basis of his contributions to the development of the African Oil and Gas industry. His entrepreneurial achievements also led to his induction into the Ernst & Young’s World Entrepreneur of the Year Academy.
In 2014, under his leadership, Oando PLC successfully concluded the US$1.5 billion acquisition of ConocoPhillips Nigeria business, a first for a Nigerian indigenous company transforming the company into the country’s largest indigenous oil and gas producer with an estimated output of 55,000 boepd.
In 2011, he was awarded the ‘African Business Leader of the Year’ by Africa Investor and in 2007, he was named a Global Young Leader by the World Economic Forum, Geneva, in recognition of his achievements as one of the leading executives under 41.
|Time and date||Venue||Topic||Speakers|
From 09:40 To 10:30
11/06/2018 09:40 11/06/2018 10:30 Economic Outlook Panel Economic Outlook: Can Africa play a significant role in the global oil and gas supply landscape?
This session will offer an objective market watch of the African oil and gas landscape addressing the challenges and opportunities the industry is presented with. In this session, IOCs and Independents will discuss:
• How can Africa remain competitive in the global oil and gas landscape?
• Threats and challenges posed by other regions whose exploration and production activity are on the rise
• Is it economically vialble to transition from fossil fuels in Africa?
• Why invest in the African upstream as the world turns to a low carbon footprint future?
• Trends in demand and the slowing of Asian economies CTICC
|Jasper Peijs Jens Frølich Holte Mounir Bouaziz Paul McDade Wale Tinubu|
From 09:40 To 10:30