With the Brulpadda gas discovery set to ignite the South African energy market and the Integrated Resource Plan promoting a diverse energy mix, it’s an exciting time for those operating in SA.
Back for a second year, the South Africa Showcase convenes the key stakeholders including Hon. Gwede Mantashe to show off the best of the country’s energy portfolio. We’ll also be exploring opportunities for international investment as well as tackling the challenges that need to be overcome in order for South Africa to rise to the top and become a key energy player.
Discussion topics include:
- Policy updates:
- Petroleum Development Bill
- Integrated Resource Plan
- The role of South African Municipalities in procuring their own power
- How can South African businesses source and win tenders from global EPCs across Southern Africa?
- Case Studies: How can South Africa secure its energy future and security through natural gas:
- South Africa’s gas infrastructure & CSIR pipeline project
- Gas to power, IPPs & small-scale LNG
- Project focus: Brulpadda
- Project focus: Mozambique potential for SA
- Exploration opportunities across SA:
- Central Bredasdorp Basin
- South African West Coast potential